Do you suspect that you have been a victim of age discrimination? If so, you will need to enlist the help of an age discrimination lawyer in Pasadena, CA. But first, let’s go over what age discrimination is and how you can tell if you’ve been a victim.
What Is Age Discrimination?
Age discrimination is when you are treated differently, usually less favorably, in the workplace than others because of your age. This typically happens to people 40 years of age or older who are judged and treated differently based on their age rather than being judged on their individual merits.
The Signs of Age Discrimination
Here are some of the signs of age discrimination in the workplace. If you notice any of the following signs, please contact a lawyer in Pasadena, CA to discuss your options.
- Patterns of only hiring younger employees.
- You hear jokes being made about your age.
- You are not invited to participate in important meetings or events.
- Your performance reviews are suddenly negative, especially if you’ve previously had positive performance reviews.
- You are denied a job because of your age.
- Management starts inquiring about your retirement plans.
- You were encouraged or forced to retire before you wanted to.
- You experienced a layoff when younger, less experienced employees kept their jobs.
- You are suddenly being assigned unpleasant duties.
- You stop getting raises and promotions for your work.
These are just a few signs of age discrimination in the workplace. If you think you are being discriminated against, please contact a lawyer immediately.
If you need an age discrimination lawyer in Pasadena, CA, please Contact Mark Charles Law today. We are here to defend your rights under the law and will do everything in our power to seek justice for you and restore your faith in the system.