Unpaid Wages Lawyer in Pasadena
Ensuring Employees Are Paid What They Earned
An employee’s right to be paid the wages they earned is protected by federal and state laws. These laws also protect certain employees’ right to earn and be paid overtime wages at a rate of 1.5 times their normal pay when they work in excess of eight hours per day or 40 per week.
At Mark Charles Law, APC, we know it’s crucial to ensure that employees are properly compensated for the work they do. That’s why we can be the fierce advocates that employees need to receive earned wages left unpaid by their employers. We can also be staunch representatives for employers who are facing unfair claims brought by employees who are trying to take advantage of their companies.
Rest assured that no matter which side of a dispute you’re on, our unpaid wages attorney in Pasadena can leverage his 20+ years of experience for your benefit. Neither employees nor employers should be able to take an unfair advantage of the laws that protect people against exploitation. If you need to defend your position in a dispute involving unpaid wages, reach out to Mark Charles Law, APC for support.
Get in touch with Mark Charles Law, APC today by calling (626) 844-7710 or by contacting us online. When you do, ask how you can schedule a consultation with our attorney.
Key Issues in Unpaid Wages Claims
It’s important to take action to defend your position when you need to hold an employer accountable for unpaid wages or protect your company against unfair accusations about your business practices. Mark Charles Law, APC can advocate for you no matter which side of a dispute your interests lay.
Most unpaid wages claims arise when the employer is accused of:
- Failing to abide by minimum wage laws
- Unfairly withholding wages for reasons other than those permitted by law
- Not paying employees overtime rates for overtime hours
- Withholding wages as an act of unlawful discrimination
- Failing to compensate employees for the hours they work
- Demanding work “off the clock”
- Failing to compensate workers for time used to put on or remove work-related gear
- Not compensating employees for travel time related to their work
- Failing to reimburse employees for vacation or personal-time-off time not taken
There are many other reasons why a dispute concerning an employee’s wages can be raised. Our unpaid wages attorney in Pasadena at Mark Charles Law, APC can help you address your situation whether you need to fight for wages you earned or defend against unfair claims from a current or former employee.
What’s Involved in an Unpaid Wages Claim?
Employees and employers alike have a lot to be concerned with when a dispute about someone’s wages is raised. Because so much can be at stake for either party in a dispute, it’s important to consider how the dispute can be resolved.
There are three ways that employees can try to recover wages they believe they earned and weren’t paid:
- Seeking a settlement with their current or former employer out of court
- Bringing a lawsuit forward to have the court settle the dispute
- Filing an administrative claim
No matter how you wish to pursue your claim or how one has come to you, Mark Charles Law, APC can provide you with the legal representation you need to protect your interests.
Learn more about our services and what we can do for clients like you by scheduling an initial consultation when you contact our Pasadena unpaid wages attorney online.