Defending Your Rights In The Workplace. Restoring hope for those who have been devastated.

Pasadena Unpaid Wages Attorney

Let Us Help You Fight for Your Rightful Wages

Federal and state wage and employment laws can be confusing. California law is governed by fair employment which means employees are entitled to compensation for work and labor performed, such as hourly pay, a fixed salary, and commissions. If your employer failed to uphold their responsibility to pay for overtime work, adequately allow for meal breaks or chose to withhold finances, you may be entitled to recover compensation.

Serving the greater San Gabriel Valley, Mark Charles Law has nearly 20 years of experience holding employers accountable for their actions. We can help pursue a claim against an employer to ensure that they abide by state and federal laws. Our employment firm offers sophisticated legal representation with a comprehensive understanding of applicable California and federal labor codes.

Speak with our Pasadena unpaid wages lawyer during a free consultation. Call (626) 788-5051 today.

Identifying a Case of Unpaid Wages

Unpaid wages are not always a simple case of employers not paying a regular owed paycheck. Legally, you are owned payment for any work performed for your company.

Wage and hour disputes can happen with:

  • Not paying overtime
  • Not paying for travel time that is related to work
  • Not paying up to minimum wage
  • Not paying for legally provided break time, or not allowing for break time during the workday
  • Not paying for "off-the-clock" work
  • Not providing for the time required for putting on or removing work-related gear
  • Not reimbursing untaken vacation time after leaving a position

Certain aspects of these situations have additional complications, such as in the case of minimum wage and tip or commission work. It is important to consult with an attorney with experience in wage disputes to know if you have a case for recovering your unpaid wages.

Your Options for Recovering Unpaid Wages

There are countless ways that employers take advantage of their employees. Our firm has handled cases relating to working overtime without proper compensation, misclassifying employees to withhold payment, prohibiting proper rest and meal breaks, and withholding bonuses or commission. If an employee believes they deserve compensation that is not yet paid, proceeding with an employment attorney can help reclaim what they are owed.

There are three different ways to recover unpaid wages:

  • Informally resolve the dispute with the employer
  • Filing a lawsuit in the court
  • Bringing an administrative claim

Pursuing an Unpaid Wages Lawsuit in Pasadena

If your employer has taken advantage of you by failing to pay earned wages, they are breaking the law. You may be legally owed fair compensation for your work. At Mark Charles Law, we understand the importance of legal counsel when wages are involved. Our team is devoted to helping you understand your legal options to guide you towards a favorable outcome.

Contact us at (626) 788-5051 to learn how we have helped clients successfully resolve their unpaid wage claims in Pasadena and the surrounding areas.

The Opinions That Matter

  • “Mark while equally being humble and totally trustworthy, is a champion for those of us who would fall victim of the piranha’s who have deep pockets to frustrate us ordinary people. ”


  • “Mark put us at ease with his responsiveness, confidence and expertise. We were very pleased with the results. While I hope to never have to utilize Mark for that type of situation again, I am so thankful to know I can call him anytime.”


  • “The best attorney keeps you out of court and that’s what Mark did for us. ”


  • “For many years Mark Charles has been guiding us”


  • “Mark was able to outline the process and give me an honest opinion regarding what to expect. Mark was always available to discuss any questions I had and kept me updated on all developments.”